Summer might be arriving in Seattle. We all know it is long overdue. It is possible that the long cycle of gray, wet and cold weather is over and we can finally bring out summer clothes and recipes.
Fragrant fresh basil and nutty pistachios laced throughout the thin spaghetti strands are the dominant flavors in this vegetarian pasta also complimented with garlic, Parmesan cheese and a hint of lemon juice. Served warm or at room temperature summer cooking doesn’t get any easier than this.
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅔ cup chopped pistachios
- 12 ounces spaghetti noodles
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- ⅓ cup chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until softened but not browned. Remove from heat and allow sitting while preparing the other ingredients.
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions; drain then add to olive oil, onions and garlic and toss to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add remaining ingredients to noodles and toss until ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Serve with additional grated Parmesan cheese.